I wasn’t able to draw at the time the Pacific Rim sequel was announced, so to compensate, I animated all the drift compatibles dancing horribly in celebration of the upcOMING ANIMATED SERIES 8V
OH MY GOD THIS IS PURE GOLD I LOVE THIS SO MUCH
casual reminder that Elle Woods scored a 179 on the LSAT, which is one point shy of a perfect score.
Casual reminder that Whatshisface here had family connections and was a legacy and shit, whereas Elle Woods came out of nowhere.
casual reminder that Elle Woods actually had an amazing background in real life issues that people dismissed as unimportant but managed to not only learn the law, but learned how to apply the law.
Casual reminder that Elle Woods used her lawyer skills to save a woman from an abusive relationship and also save another woman from trumped up murder charges and basically what I’m saying is you go, girl, go get ‘em Elle Woods, thank you for this movie.
what’s fantastic about this movie is that it’s not that fucked up brand of feminism where the girls who arent like other girls and sip tea and read hemingway look down on the blonde party sluts. the message of the movie is like, you can be blonde and attractive AND enjoy stuff like shopping and partying and you can still be smart and kick ass!!!
#and it focused on female friendships!!! her best friends were never less than her!! and older female best friends!! and didn’t pit her against vivian but had them grow into close friends!!#THE MOST IMPORTANT FEMINIST MEDIA OF OUR TIME
The more we depend on women to prevent rape, the easier it is to blame them when it happens to them. Here’s a look at the well-documented ways we can actually stop rape. Maybe it’s time we invest a little more time and resources into implementing them before we send gallons of nail polish to colleges across the country.
I’ve known too many women to be raped, had nurses and liaison officers tell them that they had enough evidence, and then the police do fuck all to the rapist and let him walk free and continue his life as normal while the victim has to struggle every day to cope with the shit they put them through.
This has happened to too many women I love. Way too fucking many.
One person I know who was raped, the police even found CCTV footage of the actual incident, but apparently that wasn’t enough to convict him either.
Think about that.
But then some characters wouldn’t be allowed to fight at all.
- Yuyuko could just kill you, no warning or anything;
- Yukari could dump you somewhere else;
- Remilia could manipulate fate so your fight never happens (or maybe just fucken bite you I dunno);
- Flandre could make you go *pop*;
- Sakuya could stop time and shank you, then watch you bleed out;
- Mystia could blind you and then eat you;
- Keine could destroy any trace of your history, essentially removing you from existence;
- Youmu could slice you so hard you reach enlightenment (ie die);
- Tewi could manipulate luck so that every attack you make misses her, and every attack she makes hits you critically;
- Suika could disperse into mist to avoid any attack, and then increase her size so she could squash you;
- Reisen could drive you insane with a glance;
- Komachi could dump you in the Sanzu, or manipulate distance so you and her are no longer close;
- Hina could force upon you such misfortune that you trip off of a cliff;
- Nitori could do unquestionable things that would kill you right away;
- Yamame there could hit you with fucken Ebola, or essentially paralyze you;
- Yuugi could flick your head clean off;
- Satori could make you relive your worst nightmares and make you want to kill yourself;
- Orin claims corpses as her own, so if she killed you there’d be no funeral;
- Utsuho would turn you into a nuclear shadow so fast you wouldn’t be able to make a move;
- Koishi could kill you and make it look like an accident (you wouldn’t even know it had happened);
- Kyouko would deafen you, or potentially make your head burst;
- Yoshika could eat you;
- Seiga… I’m not too sure what she could do, but she could also claim your corpse as her own;
- Wakasagihime could drown you if you got close enough;
- Seija Kijin could manipulate you rather easily, turning the fight against you - or she could flip you upside down? Forever? And then you get the dreaded shrinks???;
- Sukuna could increase your size so you couldn’t move, or increase her own size and stomp you;
- Raiko could play your head like a fucken bongo…
Wow, now that I think about it, dat’s a laaaht a characters! And let’s not forget the deadly duo themselves, the main protagonists!
- Reimu could fly out of reality and avoid the fight; otherwise she’s very handy with the amulets, the yin-yang orbs and that gohei, and she ain’t afraid to kick someone in the head if push comes to shove;
- Marisa is to the Touhou series what a blue mage is to Final Fantasy; stealing enemy attacks with wild abandon, training herself to be better than anyone she can meet, being able to fire huge lasers and star clusters
They’re both pretty powerful in their own rights… but compare it to the powers of some of their foes, and you’ve got two dead protags before they enter stage fucken two.
Which is why the Spell Card Rules exists! They make it possible for people who have prepared spells before-hand to have a fair duel with someone who’d aggrieving them. They exist specifically as a handicap - if the Touhou characters were given free reign on how to use their powers, Gensokyo would be empty within a week.
You don’t understand how much I fucking love this post in particular
White Man from San Diego Waves Gun Around Small Children In Confrontation With Police and Is Taken Into Custody Alive.
This white man walked towards the police with a gun pointed at them and they spend half an hour talking to him before they shoot him one time. If he had been a black man, they would’ve shot him dead. Before you police apologists claim this man has a history of mental illness (he does) that’s why the police was lenient, Ezell Ford, a mentally ill black man, was recently killed by the LAPD.
I accidentally killed someone, you guys, but I was just doing research for an article I’m writing, so that makes it ok. That’s how it works, right?
LTMC: Meanwhile, 16-year olds get prosecuted for manslaughter for texting while driving. But don’t worry, police don’t get special treatment.
"ok i got a bunch of essential oils that arent eucalyptus, some honey, some vitamin e oil, and some ginger. how do i make a money spell out of this"
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — An Oklahoma City police officer was charged Friday with 16 counts including first-degree rape and sexual battery after being accused of assaulting at least eight women while on patrol.
Daniel Holtzclaw, 27, also faces charges of forcible oral sodomy and indecent exposure. Holtzclaw, a former standout football player in high school and college, was arrested Aug. 21. He remained in custody on a $5 million cash bond Friday, according to jail records.
He is accused of stopping women, who were all black and between the ages of 34 and 58, while on duty in Oklahoma City. Prosecutors allege that he raped two women and either fondled others or forced them to expose themselves, and police said there may be more victims.
"Former standout football player in high school and college"
"He only assaulted older Black women"
*39 people raise over $7,000 to defend him*
Alternatively titled: how we discuss and treat white male criminals (rapists) in the United StatesWith the subtitle: how inhumane crime doesn’t really count when it’s done against black women
Michael Brown’s dad before the burial.
The emotion and all of the sweat…. shit is hard to look at, even if its only a picture
I didn’t want to reblog this because it’s hard to look at, but people SHOULD see it.
We SHOULD see a father mourning his teenage son.
We SHOULD see how a killing like Mike’s can take a toll on not only a community, but a family.
It’s as easy for young black men to become martyrs as it is for them to become victims. They can never just be humans.
We can never just be.